Date: 21st September 2003
Venue: Brewery Arts Centre, Kendal.
12 people present: Brian Hodgson, Anne Crayston, Caroline Heaney, Paul Smith, Terry Maxwell,
Mike Marsden, Peter Standish, Rajeev Sood, Peter Steen, Andy Britten, Chris Kelly and NC Observer Robin Straughan.
Apologies received: Paul Turner, George Wilson and Claire Travers.
1. Cumbria committee chairman, Paul Smith, opened the meeting at 1.20pm
2. NC observer, Robin Straw.
3. It was agreed that Paul Smith would chair the AGM. Minutes of 2002 AGM were adopted.
4. Agreed to adopt standard AGM agenda and pass over any items that were not relevant.
5. Regional Reps Report:
Penrith Group has folded due to a lack of attandance.
Workington Group has suspended their meetings.
Carlisle; currently looking for a venue to hold meetings.
Cumbria Membership currently at 142
It has been decided a PO Box will be purchased for the use of any Cumbria MAG Group on permision from the Committee.
Regional Rep now has a permanent telephone number
Cumbria has a permanent Email and Website address
We continue to support Bikesafe (no-one who has attended a Bikesafe course in Cumbria has been involved in an accident)
EVSC: Campaign Continues, and there are currently trials going on in Leeds
Cumbria MAG Rally – there are plenty of volunteers from outside the county should we require them.
Deputy Rep: George Wilson has resigned
Thanks to: Rajeev Sood, Paul Turner and David Crayston for marshalling the Wooden Spoon Event
Diesal stickers have been a big success, there may be more stickers becoming available (with web address)
Streetbiker: Still require transportation from Rugby into the county.
6. No questions to Regional Rep
7. Regional Financial Report made available – Profit of £174.94
New small Cumbria MAG Stickers now available and distributed
8. Accounts from local groups presented
9. It was decided to cover items 9 to 10 with the following reports
Regional Clubs Officer Report
Public Liability Insurance is now available from May to May
We currently have 4 clubs affiliated
We have a dedicated page on the website for affiliation
A successful meet and greet was held at Broughton Square Café
Visited Ulverston District
BMF offer Insurance cover for Committee’s
Meetings are for the time being suspended due to lack of attendees at meeings
Active in the organising of the Into The Pink Party
No-one attending meetings
No bike show took place this year as the Brewery Arts Centre was no available on the dates required, but
hope to run again next year
Shock board at Kirkby Lonsdale updated
Remaining active in Traffic Steering Group
Group continues to increase in numbers (Hurrah!)
Two successful ride outs
Actively supported and attended other events
Huge turnout at the Easter Egg Run (150)
Many successful fundraising events: Carnival
Working on the Into The Pink
Mike has been running the area for 2 years now and gets round 8 people on average at the meetings
Have donated £200 to charity
Have donated £150 to MAG
Successful and well attended Good Friday Ride Out
Great 100 strong Piel Island Party turn out (may need to limit number next year)
Christmas Party organised (B & B available)
Great Cumbria MAG Turnout at the Stormin’
11. Dealer Liason Officer – not present but send a report.
12. Streetbiker (covered in Regional Reps Report)
13. Regional Event: Into The Pink Party on Saturday 11th October 2003 GO GIRLS!
14. MAG Annual Raffle – tickets are now out – Prize Daytona 600 (in yellow)
15. Regional Products: Patches £2 and Stickers £1
16. Good Old Brian they say (remains as our Regional Rep)
17. Elections: Election of new Regional Secretary: Caroline Heaney
Nominated by Anne Crayston – all agreed
All other positions remain standing
Regional Rep - Brian Hodgson.
Regional Secretary - Caroline Heaney
Regional treasurer - Clare Travers
Regional Clubs - Anne Crayston
Regional Dealers - Paul Turner
18. Advance Proposals – None
19. Any Other Business – Car Pool, are all groups paying in? Does it work?
Brian will propose this is scrapped at the next NC meeting
Next AGM will probably be at Whitehaven
Robin is HAPPY!!!
MEMBER OF THE YEAR! – Terry Nominated Anne Crayston, seconded by Caroline Heaney
BLOODY WELL DONE YOU!!!!!
Whoever wins the trophy their local group is responsible for getting it engraved.
Meeting Closed at 2pm
Til next year……………